Thursday, September 24, 2009

Group Work

I think that doing the group project was a good idea. At first I did not think it was going to be good because I didn't think we would have enough time to do it and I had several tests to worry about this week along with this project, so the extention was a relief.
I think it was good to put us into our groups like this.I think it made us able to function better as a group doing an actual "project" than just doing some in class work. I'm not very happy with the project topic choice. I would have liked to do something a little more interesting than punctuation marks, but it is an English class so I understand that punctuations are fitting. I also don't like how we need to have a strict time limit, as I am very different in front of an audience than practicing by myself.
Other than those two things I don't think that this group work was too bad, and I learned that the dash is a pretty bad ass punctuation mark.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that having to do group projects on not-so-very-exciting punctuations are much more interesting than just learning it through a lecture.

    By the way - I LOVE using dashes! They sure are badassss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the topic choice too, punctuation marks suck. I was hoping we would be able to choose a project to teach the class. I really think that all the projects would turn out better if we were working on something that we were actually interested in.

    ReplyDelete