Friday, September 4, 2009

Visual Literary Narrative Blog

I decided to do my Visual Literary Narrative on my trip to Germany two summers ago. Two summers ago, I took a trip to Wesel, Germany, with a group of kids from my school and another as an exchange student program. I stayed in Wesel with my German exchange student, Thilo, for about two weeks, then my group and I went on a side trip around Germany to nearly all major cities and locations for about a week and a half. We then returned to our exchange students for around a week and then departed.
I choose to do this project on my trip to Germany because it was one of the best experiences of my life AND there was a lot of communication involved. Before I went to Germany, I took a year of German at school, and I was terrible at speaking, but i could understand a lot of what they were saying to me. So if they ever had a problem trying to say a word to me in english, I could sometimes have them say it to me in German and I could tell them the word they were looking for.
For this project, I would only be able to sum up the trip in a power point presentation. A movie would not be enough unless I wanted to make it three hours long. I would feel better doing a power point for this project because then I could explain a little more in depth for you.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie this sounds like such an amazing experience. Two things: first, think about what specific communication things you are going to focus on and why this experience was so important to your life. Second, what is it about powerpoint that makes you so sure it is the best method to present the project? Remember this is a visual project. You may use text but visuals are the main focus. You can choose to do power point, thats fine, just be sure you can argue in your two pages essay why it was the best choice to present your argument.

    NW

    ReplyDelete